Code of Conduct
Thank you for registering for the Chicago Women in Technology Conference (“ChiWitCon”)! We are excited to host you at our event this year. As a conference dedicated towards inclusivity and personal growth in the Chicago Tech community, we ask that all attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers (collectively, “Participants”) read and agree to the following code of conduct (“Code”). The Code exists to encourage the open exchange of ideas and expression and requires an environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every person and group. While at ChitWitCon or related ancillary or social events, Participants should not engage in harassment in any form.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately, and all sponsors and speakers are banned from using sexualized images, activities, or other material.
If a Participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. Conference staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded clothing.
Conference staff will be happy to help Participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
We expect Participants to follow these rules at conference and workshop venues and conference-related social events.
- Be kind and considerate – please respect personal space and use common courtesy rules or personal interaction.
- Be aware of your surroundings – please be mindful of others around you to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
- Behave appropriately – please refrain from displaying any demeaning, aggressive, harassing or intimidating materials or behaviors.
- Be professional – please dress and behave in a professional manner.
- Respect property – please do not damage private or venue property.
- Following the rules – please obey the rules and regulations of the venue.
- Have fun!
For any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com